Sunday, December 13, 2009

Paint the Town Red!

the town, of course, being....
Vancouver, British Columbia in Canada - host to the...

2010 Olympic Games

Click on the player under the video in the link below to have a listen to the catchy tune composed and performed by BC native and dear old friend, Dan Beer (lyrics by Jim McGregor)....


Dan gives other credit as follows...
The kids singing are my girls Celina and Devon along with my sister Patti’s kids Des and Kinsey Church. Dave Mercer is making his recording debut on the harmonica, I am actually playing rhythm guitar (not horribly I might add), and Geoff Robertson is mandolin, bass, and engineer/producer. And Jim McGregor and Dave are singing back up as well.
Something tells me that this little ditty will have a bit larger audience that the lovely song he wrote and performed for my husband and me at our wedding over 26 years ago ;-)

Awesome job, Dan and gang!!!

Go Canada!

Go USA!

Now, the REAL question is ... can you get us tickets to any of the events?

:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment