Friday, January 29, 2010

Byrnsey and the rest....


Now, Byrnes said, "My legs are as healthy as they've ever been. I'm excited to put together a full season and help the Mariners win a lot of games."

The right-handed hitter will battle for playing time in left field. He said he's content to accept a platoon role.

"Speaking to Jack, the role wasn't necessarily specified, other than the fact he believed I would contribute," Byrnes said. "That's all I needed to hear. I'm healthy for the first time in two years. I just needed a team to believe in me half as much as I believe in myself. Speaking to Jack, that's what I felt."

In a news release, Zduriencik said of the signing, "We think Eric is a great fit for our team. He is a high-energy player with a veteran presence. We look forward to him competing for a spot on our roster when spring training starts."

Brad Nelson ~ 1B/OF

Chris Woodward ~ utility

Josh Bard ~ catcher, Chad Cordero ~ pitcher

Ryan Langerhans

Josh Wilson ~ infielder

Corey Patterson ~ outfielder

No comments:

Post a Comment