Friday, February 19, 2010

Ready and rarin'...


CHARLIE NEIBERGALL/THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Some pretty great quotes coming out of 'Zona re: Felix....

"I saw such growth last year, and he's just continuing that, obviously," Wakamatsu said. "What we have to watch for is this guy signed an awfully big contract and how he's going to handle that in the right way. And so far, we're just trying to explain to him that he needs to be the same guy. And that's difficult for professional athletes sometimes because they want to put a lot of responsibility on themselves, but he doesn't need to."

:::

"You'll see a guy that over a period of time, the leadership abilities will come out even more," Rick Adair said. "There's a lot in Felix. You see the passion. You see the personality, the intensity. That's not false bravado. It's real because his work ethic and preparation is getting better and there's passion within that."

and, from the Ace himself...

"They let me go last year,” Hernandez said. “I did what I thought I could always do, pitch deep into games, throw a lot of innings. They gave me the opportunity.”

No comments:

Post a Comment