Thursday, February 18, 2010

They have reported...


Mariners.com

Seems all pitchers and catchers were present and accounted for in Peoria yesterday, where lockers were assigned/selected and physicals were taken. As Shannon blogs about
here, some gear is even preceding its owners and everyone is revved up and ready to go. The first official Spring Training workout will happen today (still mostly pitchers and catchers - all others will report by Monday, if not before).

Health is always a major concern and this season is no different, with several M's still recovering/rehabbing from surgery - everything from Erik Bedard's labrum surgery last season, to Rob Johnson's THREE surgeries (both hips and a wrist) to Cliff Lee's minor foot surgery. Here's to full and speedy recoveries for all.

Wak is anxious to see what Jack Z has assembled for him...
“I visited with the staff yesterday and I told them there’s so many things we have to find out,” Wakamatsu said Wednesday. “Do we go with an 11-man pitching staff? If we’re going to go with an 11-man staff, who are the long-man candidates? With the lack of roster spots, are we going to be able to see everybody and give everybody a legitimate shot? There’s all kinds of stuff we have to find out in the spring.”
And, Jack Z is confident in his staff as well as the players...
“I have expectations. I have optimism. I trust our players. I trust the staff,” Zduriencik said. “And I know from my experiences from watching them last year that I know the kind of effort that they’re going to give. It is about a four-letter word called TEAM. It’s that simple. From that standpoint, they experienced what that means and what can be accomplished. Knowing that you do the things you have to do on a day-to-day basis, and when you left Seattle a year ago you were a part of that parade that went around the field. Many of these guys want to experience that again, and beyond.

“It’s going to be fun to watch them compete. Where it takes us, it’s going to depend on the outcomes, but the journey is fun.”
Yes indeed, baseball is in the air. And, if you're like me, you don't even have to be in Arizona to smell it (although I certainly wish I were!)

Random quote that gave me a chuckle (Greg Halman on his 14th tattoo) ...
“People say that when I get older it’ll look bad,” he said. “But when I’m 60, women won’t be interested in me anyway.”
Gotta think a bit more positively than that, Greg ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment