Saturday, March 10, 2012

st 10 | split squad 2 showcases the "big four" in rapid succession

Mariners 7 | Diamondbacks 1

While the early split squad game on the radio made for a great back-drop for my spring cleaning this afternoon, tonight's game was the one I really wanted to see!  But, had to settle for the opposition's radio broadcast and gameday tracking...

Ramirez, Hultzen, Walker and Paxton combined for...
EIGHT innings - ONE earned run - FOUR hits - THREE walks - EIGHT strikeouts

Ramirez led the charge, going THREE scoreless against mostly DBacks big league starters.
Shannon Drayer has a nice story here about the fourth of "the big four" and his baseball journey so far...
"I want to have fun and compete for one place (in the rotation). If I am here I want to show everyone what I got. If they say, alright you need to spend more time in the minor league I say okay I got it. No problem. I will go there and show them that I can learn. If they give me the chance I will show them I am working and cannot stay there. I will give everything I have got and after that they make the decision."
AP photo


Three seemed to be the number of the evening at Salt River Fields...
  • Jesus had THREE RBI, including a 2-run double (and he caught 6 scoreless innings)
  • Kawasaki also had THREE RBI going 3 for 5 as the lead-off guy (with plenty of comparisons to his countryman, Ichiro, by the Arizona broadcasters)
  • Carp also posted THREE hits and the other RBI


Good to see some excitement brewing for M's baseball, single seat tickets went on sale today...

Mariners twitter pic

No comments:

Post a Comment