Tuesday, March 06, 2012

st 5 | The Felix, Ichi and Adam Show AND Bye-bye Carlos!

Mariners 8 | Reds 6

Getty Images

Nice outing for Felix, as he readies for the MLB Opener in Japan vs. the A's...
3 IP - 0 H - 0 ER - 0 BB - 4K

Ichiro's best day so far in his new 3-hole spot...
3-3 with 2 RBI and 1 run scored (he did have a little mix-up on the bases though when Justin laced a line drive and Ichiro was called out at 3B, cuz Kawasaki was already there ;-) )

Adam's number for the day was TWO... 
2-2 with 2 RBI and 2 runs scored


The big news of the day - Carlos calls it a career...
"My first two boys were born in Seattle, so that's why I wanted to come here," he said. "I never thought to end my career here, but I feel like I have to. I learned a lot of good things from Jay Buhner and all the players when I was here -- Edgar Martinez, Junior, A-Rod. They were fun years for me and the fans in Seattle."
I'll never forget "the bunt" "the bunt"...
I was crossing the Narrows Bridge in Tacoma on my way to my Grandfather's memorial service in Sequim when I heard Dave make that call. I cried tears of joy knowing he was cheering from above.

Seattle Times
Best Wishes in Retirement, Carlos!

No comments:

Post a Comment