Wednesday, March 11, 2009

ST11 | hmmmm

M's 2 | Royals 9

Well, you wouldn't think there was much to crow about in a 2-9 loss but....
it IS spring training and I AM Compass Rosy .... so, crow I will - about Chris Jakubauskas!

3.0IP - 0H - 1BB - 2K (2.70ERA overall in 6.2IP so far this spring)
"I knew I was pitching. I did not know I was starting," Jakubauskas said. "It was a pleasant surprise this morning when I walked in the clubhouse and Rick came up and asked me how I was feeling and told me I was starting. I felt pretty good about that. I was excited. I've been a starter my whole life. I'm used to the routine. I felt better than I have all spring. My location was good. I was throwing my off-speed where I wanted to and getting contact early in the count. I'll take three scoreless, hitless innings any day of the week."
And, there WERE 12 hits (only 2 of the extra base variety - Clement and Shelton both had doubles)

But, the not so rosiness ... six runs surrendered by Justin Thomas in the 4th inning :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment