Wednesday, September 16, 2009

G146 | Shall we call him "Snowman"?

Mariners 4 | White Sox 1
Much has been made about Ryan's hyphenated last name...

He even goes by "hyphen 18" on twitter. I think, in reference and reverence to his propensity to go 8 innings (3 of his last 4 starts have been 8 innings) he should be known as ....


Snowman
:-)


Ryan has done a great job since returning from his rehab in AAA (8 quality starts, to be exact)

"He looked so polished tonight. I'm awfully proud of him," Wakamatsu said. "This is his eighth quality start since he's been back. He's learning a knack to get deeper and deeper into ballgames. I'm awfully excited about him now and in the future."

"Tonight was good because I felt like I got stronger as the game went on," said Rowland-Smith, whose ERA fall to 3.59. "I was making better pitches. The quality of the pitches was better."

AP Photo/John Froschauer

Nice to see David back in the swing...
he hadn't pitched since the 2nd - but didn't appear too rusty as he earned his 35th save

Congrats to Mike Carp,,,
he hit his first major league home run (NY Vinnie has dubbed him "the Big Fish")


No comments:

Post a Comment