Thursday, September 24, 2009

G153 | another step closer to Cy possibility


AP Photo/The Canadian Press, Darren Calabrese

M's 5 | Blue Jays 4

Felix was dealing today...
continuing to prove that he's not just the M's #1 starter - he is their ACE.

He made a couple of mistakes...
(and Adrian made one HUGE one behind him)
but, the 11 K's and only 3 ER's over 8 innings were good enough for his 17th victory (with a little help from the DA, who earned his 36th save) and to really make his case for the CY (more on that in anther post).

the offense was a bit "jeckel and hydish"....
~ 13 hits, including a "team cycle" (2B Jose, 3B Josh, HR Guti)
~ and Tui's first RBI (sac fly)
~ but 4 GDIP?!?!

5 comments:

  1. It's going to be real close, Lisa!

    Honestly, I could see any of the three getting it and if it's Sabathia I wouldn't really have a problem with it considering the park/city he pitches in.

    Felix has been fantastic and Grienke has beena slight bit more fantastic!

    I was listening to my local talk show yesterday and they'd go back and forth between Grienke and Sabathia (while occasionally mentioning Verlander), but never mentioned Felix once!

    But, hey, it is Gary Radnich and I've said he's simple for a long time! Ya know, one of those people that doesn't stray away from the main topics. Not cause he doesn't want to, but because that's all he really knows!

    Anyways, I'm in the championship 2 week match-up of my fantasy league and if you can tell Ichiro to stop getting thrown out of games I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on a little comparison of CY candidates (and I don't include CC, so there) way to high an ERA, even though he has 19 wins (which only speaks to his offense anyway) Oh, and 12 of those win are on the road, so much for the "park theory" ;-)

    Good luck in your championship...
    yeah, Ichiro's "line in the sand" was pretty much an "international incident" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh - way to beat up on the Halos!!!

    Just hope your guys get all their runs out of their system before they get to Seattle next week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He just threw 7 innings of one hit ball to the Sox and you know how I feel about w/l records! Don't write him off so quickly because he plays for the Yanks!

    It should be a very close race! Kurt Suzuki really helped me out that game!

    That certainly was a fun game to watch! After 5 days (2 week match) I'm up 11-6, but is blowing!

    Go to youtube and type in ichiro ejection and watch the minute 20 second video with cut-outs of the ump and Ichiro!

    Hopefully other posts won't drown this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry, I got the sentences mixed up there, lol, hopefully uo can figure it out!

    ReplyDelete