Tuesday, May 01, 2012

g25 | the battery of Hector and Jesus

Mariners 1 | Rays 3

Hector seemed to be in an 'every other inning' groove....
With a very rough 1st and a so-so 3rd thinning and an easy sail through both the 2nd and 4th
But then, he broke the pattern and breezed through the 5th and, retired 9 of the last 10 batters he faced.
Nice goin', Hector!
J. Meric | Getty Images
FOUR for FOUR for JESUS...
3 singles (including a 404 footer) and a double (but where-oh-where are the base runners?!?)
He does like to hit when he catches ... and, with Miggy's DL stint, he'll be doing a lot more of that.

As Michael sauntered up to the plate...
I was thinking, I'll bet he wants a little redemption (a do over of sorts for his bunt blunder last night) and, before I even completed my thought ... LAUNCH!!!

J.Meric | Getty Images

O
They made Matt Moore work and got their share of hits (out hit the Rays, in fact,9 to 3)
just way less than their share of runs (now ZERO for THIRTY w/RISP in the last FOUR games)

D
nice diving grab and throw by Alex in the 4th
PB for Jesus (first pitch from Luetge in relief) but overall nice job in his first as primary C

btw ~ Welcome back, Mike Carp!

3 comments:

  1. Lisa, I just picked up Figgins because Longoria just went down. He better do average or I'll have to blame the M's number one fan!

    Carp is also back...they really need him!

    I think if Matt Cain faced off against Felix...the score might be Giants -1, M's 0...what do you think?!

    Montero is starting to heat up! Saunders, too.

    Ichiro better start hitting some doubles. Hell, Sweeney (swingles) has 12 and he only has 5! He's batting 3rd! Only two steals, also!

    and Smoak...he's my back up first baseman and he's not doing anything! He's got two more weeks!

    Maybe I'll see if Chris Davis is available now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Daniel.... Figgins? why on earth did you do that?

    And, you're way more patient with Justin than I was - I dropped him in favor of Todd Helton a couple days ago.
    (though in real life, I'm still holding out hope)

    Hey, at least Ichiro's actually hitting (unlike last year) ... something tells me he's going to really heat up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have anyone else to go to! Maybe Inge? I think I'll do that, thanks Lisa!

    Something tells me lots of players are going to heat up soon!

    ReplyDelete