Saturday, May 05, 2012

g29 | King of Kings

Mariners 7 | Twins 0

Now THIS is the result Felix deserves!
When asked in the post game how he felt about the run support, he replied,
"Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! That's how we win!"
I can't remember if I mentioned it but, I had to give up my season ticket this year....
I've had season tickets in one form or another since 2002 (yeah, I know, great timing). A couple of seasons ago, I dropped down to one ticket which actually worked out quite well. I usually attended all the Friday night games (easy, since I was already downtown for work) and then would exchange the other tickets for two together and take an occasional date (usually my dad, sometimes a friend or co-worker and then my husband on/near our anniversary in August). Anyway, due to some budget cuts on the home front, I had to give up my ticket this year. I will likely end up attending almost as many games as usual but, the cash outlay will be spread out over the season. So, you can imagine my delight when
A) I decided to attend Saturday's game instead of Friday and
B) my "old seat" (section 331 row 8 seat 15) was available for it!

But I digress.

On my way in, I decided to pose for a photo with Jesus ~ especially for my Yankee fan friends :-)


I feel so lucky to have attended this game and, even luckier to have watched from my favorite perch...



Felix cruised through the first 3 innings - retiring all 9 batters
I did notice that he wasn't exhibiting his pronounced turn. He ran into a bit of a jam in the 4th, loading the bases via a single and a couple of walk but, he was able to escape without any damage and he proceeded to retire the next/last 13 batters he faced, finishing with a very Felix like ('cept for the walks)
8IP - 1H - 2BB - 0ER - 9K and King's Court was living and loving it!



Meanwhile, the M's bats started out VERY slowly
Extreme frustration set in as even though they were getting walks (vs. a pitcher who was throwing almost 50/50 ball/strikes, even though he had only walked 2 batters so far this season) and only a couple of hits (both of the flukey infield variety from Jaso and Montero) they grounded into THREE DP's in the first FOUR innings! But, in the 6th, a single a sac bunt, a walk and another single gave the M's a 2-0 lead and, with the way Felix was pitching, you could feel confidence oozing from every nook and cranny of the ballpark.  BUT, they weren't finished YET! In the 7th, much to our amazement, they put up a FIVE-SPOT! It started with another walk (Carp) and then a Saunders bunt single, Ackley walk, Ryan sac fly, Ichiro 2-run triple and then a Seager 2-run homer.

Happiness abounded in the Emerald City!



No comments:

Post a Comment