Saturday, July 02, 2011

g83 | Really? Seriously? for the love...

Mariners 0 | Padres 1

I was otherwise engaged this evening (lovely BBQ with some dear friends) so didn't see or hear a single inning.  Once I had a chance to check the results, I have to admit, I was glad I missed it.  Not sure I could have taken seeing Mr. Fister go NINE innings, give up ONE run and get tagged with the loss due to his offense scoring ZERO.


JIM BATES / THE SEATTLE TIMES


The M's had all of two hits - a single and a double by Greg Halman.

And, it gets even worse...
The lone run of the game was scored in the 5th inning because of the lone walk of the game that wasn't really a walk.  The scoreboard apparently added an extra ball to the count in Maybin's at bat and it wasn't caught by the ump, the pitcher, the catcher, the manager or any of the players in the dugout so off to 1B he went on three balls.  After two groundouts, a single brought him home and that would be that.


No comments:

Post a Comment