Tuesday, April 14, 2009

ahhhh ~ so good to be back at 1st and Edgar!

.
the tradition continues...

I have attended the past 11 or so Mariner home openers with my wonderful mother-in-law, and this year is no different.

A more recent tradition, is to take the entire day off (at near insistance from my boss no less, who is also pretty special ;-) and spend the morning at a spa for a facial and other various pampering. That is my plan again today (though I do have to stop in at work for a meeting).

another opening day is dawning ...
Our beloved M's are off to an unepectedly great start. There's bound to be some bumps along the way and the 'experts' really don't expect them to contend. But, funny things happen in baseball - as long as they have their health and continue to exude confidence in their competance - anything is possible.

Back this evening for a recap of the Opening Day experience in general and the game in particular....

PLAY BALL!!!

7 comments:

  1. Be sure and tell us what the reception for Junior was like !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I neede to tell you that when Junior got that hit in the first inning, I bawled. I thought of how excited and proud you had to feel at that moment! By the way, Adrian Beltre is my premier 3B on my Fantasy team!

    Love you Sis. And, GO MARINERS!!!!!

    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checking to see if this is going to work and whether it will save it for next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean and Trisha ~

    Just got through loading all my pix and reading the forums I frequent ... too tired to post now, but hope to get the full recap in tomorrow morning before work.

    For now, let's just say it couldn't have gone better had it been scripted :-)

    Well, OK, a Jr home run would've been pretty cool - but that'll come (and when it does, it will be Kenny's 400th in a Mariner uni!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silva bended at the end, but didn't break!

    Also, does Aadrsma have a 2nd pitch?! if so, does he ever throw it?!

    6-2, can it last Lisa?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daniel ~

    You aren't the only one to be skeptical of Aardsma's repertoire...
    http://proball.us/2009/04/01/potd-david-aardsma/

    But hey, his ERA is OK so far ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not skeptical, ok, yes I am.

    But yes, so far, so good!

    ReplyDelete