Monday, June 06, 2011

g60 | Diabolical vs. Danks

Mariners 1 | White Sox 3

Hate these Central Time starts (oh, and I'm not too fond of the White Sox either)

The positives...
~Michael put up another quality start 95P - 7IP - 2ER - 2BB - 3K
~Greg posted another 3 for 3 day with a run scored
~Bats were able to scatter 7 hits
~A Wilson-Ryan-Smoak double play
~Guti had an outfield assist to 3B

The less than positive...
~David had a rough go 24P - 1IP - 1ER - 2BB - 2K
~Couldn't string any hits together off Danks
~Figgy didn't have a hit, reached base on a walk but then got picked off


Oh, and the biggest news of the day actually happened about an hour before first pitch.

With the second selection of the 2011 First Year Player Draft, the Seattle Mariners select...

Danny Hultzen, LHP Virginia
"We all know pitching is a premium," Zduriencik said. "Left handed is a very desirable commodity in our industry and when you add all the other things about this particular player, that's why we think it's the right pick. Believe me, I would have loved to have three more picks -- we could have done a whole lot of damage -- but you make one call and this is the call that we made."The Mariners' latest addition grew up a long way from Seattle, but certainly knows about the club and its recent history.
"I'm very excited. It's a great organization," Hultzen said. "I remember the first Major League hat I got was a Seattle Mariners hat. I remember watching Ken Griffey Jr. and guys like Jay Buhner and Randy Johnson. I'm very excited to be part of that organization. ... Griffey was my guy growing up."


No comments:

Post a Comment