Saturday, June 06, 2009

G56 | Gar throws 1st pitch, Jr. drives in the winning run :-)

.

AP Photo/Elaine Thompson

M's 2 | Twins

Now 15-12 in one-run games - jiminey!

Jarrod is going to develop a complex...

Seriously. He deserved to win this game.

6IP - 7H - 1ER - 1BB - 6K
He pitched his heart out ~ and he even played catcher ;-)
"I don't know if I'd be able to look myself in the mirror if I let the guy score and didn't at least try to block the plate and get him out," Washburn said. "If he runs me over, oh, well."

Joked Wakamatsu: "We're going to implement that play in spring training next year."


AP Photo/Elaine Thompson

bright sights...
~ BP was great again (though the D.A. made it a bit interesting in the 9th)
~ Ichiro restarting the streak with a vengence - 3 for 4 today.
~ Very fun to see Junior hit what would prove to be the game winning RBI

~ Even though it seems as if the offense was sputtering, they did manage to collect 8 hits - 3 of them doubles
~
M&M are hitless for the series :-)

bleak peeks...
~ another error and a passed ball

~ another 6 LOB


Here's to another series win!

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, Mauer and Morneau carry that offense. Kubel is very underrated as well. I predict they'll start to wake up tomorrow.

    No, actually they'll wake up Wednesday night, when they leave Oakland!

    Washburn continues to fly under the radar and give another good start.

    The M's are going to need another closer with the work Aardsma is getting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Daniel ~

    35 runs on the 5-game streak?
    Must be nice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lisa! Respond to your gmail more! I didn't want to talk a's too much on your blog, but since you opened the door!

    yeah, 35 runs (with hannahan and cunnigham playing every game), but the pitching!

    They all seem to be growing up pretty quickly!

    Of course, now that you mention it, Hill will probably throw a 1 hit shutout and Mazarro will give up 8 runs in a 1/3 of an inning, tomorrow.

    You're trying to jinx the A's like Ichiro, I know your tricks!

    Did you pick him again for the hit streak?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm... I didn't see an email on my gmail.

    But don't worry about posting here, as you can see, it's not a very busy place ;-)

    re: the "jinx" :-) if only I had that power.

    re: "Beat the Streak" ...
    I picked Michael Young today and Miggy Cabrera tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh and I have Edwin Jackson on my fantasy team, so his win against the Halos today was EXTRA sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't sell yourself short.

    Just because people dont reply, doesn't mean they dont read!

    I'll try again on g-mail.

    You know Cabrera hasn't started the past 2 days, right?

    Yeah, Edwin Jackson is solid now. Here's my rotation (for the league I care about)

    Outman, Richmond, Wolf and Randy Wells!

    One guy to keep an eye on, Mazarro. He has 'the look'. Well, to me at least. What place is your team in?

    The below-the-radar staff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I replied to your email....
    and included a "snapshot" of my 1st place Northwest Navigators :-)

    Thanks for the reminder about Miggy!
    Duh - I should have known better, he's on my team!
    I changed it to Adrian Gonzalez...

    ReplyDelete