Monday, May 04, 2009

G26 | another one-run game


AP Photo/Elaine Thompson

M's 5 | Rangers 6


Unfortunately, the M's were on the lesser side of that ledger tonight.

I didn't get to see the game, so can't offer more than what I just now heard in Wak's post game comments...
  • Felix had the flu - had good stuff, not great command (though he did K 9)
  • Millwood, in the early innings, was as good as he's ever seen him
  • Proud of the character of the club as they battled back, again
  • Great job by Sean and Denny out of the pen
  • Thought Kenji was safe ;-)
Looking at the box score....
the thing that strikes me (other than the whole 4th one-run game in-a-row) was...

Yuni walked!!

In the 9th inning, with two outs no less!

3 comments:

  1. I have to agree.

    The M's aren't quitting this year.

    Couldn't felix no hit everyone else and let Kinsler go 5 for 5 though?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, that game definately left me feeling a little blue, but seeing Yuni walk in the ninth stunned me and before I knew it the game was over!

    LOL! I have a new name for when Yuni walks: Taser Shot, cause it'll stun you.

    Lonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniel ~
    ah, so Ian's on your fantasy team.
    I'm 2-2 in my league so far...
    Hill and Lind are my stars - pretty much everyone else = scrubs.

    _____

    Hey Lonnie!

    Here's to a split w/ those Texans!

    ReplyDelete