Wednesday, May 27, 2009

G48 | No bristles for you!

.

AP Photo/Marcio Jose Sanchez


M's 6 | A's 1


It's feast or famine with these guys...

they had scored 13 runs in their past 7 games and then put up a 6-spot today
AND
the pitching was S-O-L-I-D

bright spots...
~ EriK went 6.2 innings of 5-hit ball only allowing a solo shot
he threw a few too many pitches (108) and walked 2 but, for a change, neither scored
~ Sean and David were great in their NO-hit NO-walk 2.1IP of combined relief (efficient too - each only threw 11 pitches)
~ and whadayaknow, there were some productive bats today - including SIX extra base hits!
Rob with 2 doubles, Franklin and Ichi each with one...


AP Photo/Marcio Jose Sanchez


Endy with a triple and Russell with his 11th homer...


AP Photo/Marcio Jose Sanchez


Ichiro also extended his hitting streak to 21 and added his 8th SB (he was also CS)


AP Photo/Marcio Jose Sanchez


I wasn't able to listen/watch the game, so I won't even go looking for any "bleak peeks" ...
These guys need all the positive vibes they can get. Here's hoping they enjoy their off-day in sunny southern Cali and come out firing on all cylinders this weekend at the Big A.

1 comment:

  1. Eric Bedard is easily the best pitcher (when healthy) the M's got.

    I'm glad the A's won the previous 2 with him on the mound!

    The M's probably should have won that game by more, but screwed up the first 4-5 innings.

    I think Ichiro got on base roughly 10 times that series and didn't score ONCE. That is unacceptable. What good do steals do if no one drives you win!

    If I were an M's fan I'd be pleading for them to call up Jeff Clement or do something to jumpstart the offense.

    I know the A's arent a lot better, but if I ever saw balentien hitting 4th on my favorite teams line up I'd be pissed!

    With all that said, good series Lisa and good luck in Anaheim. Lackeys going, but I don't think him (or Santana) are going to be as good as last year.

    ReplyDelete