Wednesday, May 20, 2009

G41 | my tummy feels better ... but I still need TUMS!

.

AP Photo/Elaine Thompson


M's 1 | Angels 0

Whew!
Way to go, Jaku and Crew!

Ain't baseball great?
~ First two games of the series at total of 27 runs scored with the M's on the losing end of both.
~ Third game, a one-run Mariner advantage in the first inning holds for the ENTIRE game.
~ Last night, potential ACE Felix struggles in one of his worst starts this season (after being lights out in, of all places, Arlington)
~ Tonight, fill-in Chris Jakubauskus pitches lights out, allowing only 2 hits in 7 IP
~ Santana pitches a fabulous game, in only his 2nd start off the DL, but the M's are able to scrape up JUST enough
~ First two games has sad, sloppy defense
~ Tonight, it was smooth as silk


DEAN RUTZ / THE SEATTLE TIMES


Do I hear SPLIT?

Let's go EriK et al!

5 comments:

  1. I suppose it's no coincidence having a key and Ichiro in the picture?!

    I watched this off and on with gameday and saw a lot of fly balls to the track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, Franklin and Torii were busy bees tonight....
    Jaku recorded 9 FBO, Ervin 11
    But outs is outs is outs (when there's no one on)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, I read what you said about ryan franklin, but he's been pretty solid!

    Him and Piniero, who knew! 1.56 era, very nice

    Did you see Sweeneys catch Lisa?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't see it, but I did hear it!
    On my way home I was flipping around on XM and just happened to "catch the catch" as it happened...
    Sounded like quite the heart-breaker for the Rays and uplifter for the A's :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol yeah, than almost the complete opposite today, but at least they might have the 10-1 games out of their system!

    ReplyDelete