Sunday, May 31, 2009

G51 | owie!!

.

AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill

M's 8 | Angels 9

Now, THIS one I'm glad I missed :-(
I did say to myself going into the series, "Baby steps, just win the series."
And, they did.
But this one hurt. The offense finally came alive, scoring in each of the first three innings and adding on in the sixth, all the while, Garrett (of all starters) kept the Halos at bay and then it all unraveled in the late innings. There was still hope to the end, but over-worked closers eventually tend to give up runs. It was David's first blown save this season and the first earned run he'd allowed in 14 IP (since May 2nd).


Back to The Safe to take on the O's and the Twins before Interleague play begins.

1 comment:

  1. I liked Vlads full swing 110 foot double! I wonder if he called that.

    Taking 2 of 3 from the Angels is never a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete