Sunday, May 10, 2009

G32 | Happy Mother's Day, Birdie :-)

.

AP Photo/Jim Mone

M's 5 | Twins 3

I listened to most of the game via my walk-man while in attendance at the XBox Pitch...
watching the Sounders FC play to a 1-1 draw (
dang refs! ;-) vs. the LA Galaxy.

Erik was a bit off today....

the five free passes he issued were only one fewer than he had allowed so far for the season.
And, largely due to the walks, his pitch count was WAY up there (110) for the only 4.2IP
That said, he kept them in the game (the bullpen surrendered another four walks - yikes!)

But the bats continued to come around...

~ pounding out another 10 hits
~ including 2 home runs (Jr and Jose) and 3 doubles (Jr, Wlad and Endy)

And, I thought I remembered Jr doing well on Mom's Day....
Turns out - I was right :-)
Jr now has seven home runs on the second Sunday in May.
Today's blast tied the game at two in the 8th and the M's went on to score 2 more in the inning.
Adrian said it was Jr's homerun that sparked the team. I don't know how he does it, this was his 7th on Mother's day, he hit his 400th on his father's birthday, I could go on and on about the dramatic homeruns he has hit but the bottom line is, some days are special. Some days he wakes up expecting to hit homeruns. It is a beautiful thing to watch.
Brandon, fresh off the DL, would close it out...
granted, many tums and much malox needed
(ala Kazu-style ;-) but, he got it done!


AP Photo/Jim Mone

Now the guys travel to Texas for an off day prior to a 3-game set with the Rangers at The Ballpark in Arlington.

1 comment:

  1. Good job to the M's for gutting it out, even though Bedard wasn't at his best.

    I'd say more, but it was two days ago and I'm watching a movie!

    ReplyDelete