Saturday, May 23, 2009

G43 | Lopey comes through in extries!

.

AP Photo/John Froschauer

M's 2 | Giants 1

The Rainiers lost, but the fireworks were splendid and it was fun to listen to the OH SO close ninth inning rally...
(Grif hit a LONG, LOUD flyball out with the bases loaded) and the M's subsequent extra-inning victory on the radio on the way home.


bright sights...
~ BRILLIANT is a little more apt description for Jason's performance. He gave up the lead-off home run and then proceeded to go seven full innings giving up only one more hit, one walk and striking out seven - yowsa - where did that come from??
~ and the relief was it's usual RADIANT self, posting five innings of one-hit, no-run ball
~ eleven hits (including TWO for Adrian)
~ seven walks (Yes, Virgina, patience is a virtue ;-)


AP Photo/John Froschauer

Okay, it was only the Giants, but hey, gaining confidence in your competence has to start somewhere!
Wak pretty pumped about the pitching...
“I can’t say enough about our pitching,” manager Don Wakamatsu said. “It’s awfully tough when you’re not scoring, the burden you put on your pitching staff. We figured as long as we were still here in the 12th inning, we might as well win it.”


AP Photo/John Froschauer


bleak peeks...
~ ANOTHER error for Yuni :-(
~ base runners galore, but only two runs score


From all accounts, Randy's "exit" was pretty special...
"It was nice to come back here and pitch and pitch well," said Johnson, who had been struggling of late, entering the game with an earned-run average of 6.86. "I needed that personally. And then just to take care of the fans. Because if that's my last start, at least I got an opportunity to walk off the mound here and pay my respects to the fans who have been very good to me over my career here.":::

"I won't close the door or anything," he said. "But it [the ovation] was just nice on their part and I wanted to express my thank you towards them by tipping my hat. I'm obviously very grateful for the opportunity and the years that I had here."


DEAN RUTZ / THE SEATTLE TIMES


I must admit, I do miss that familiar scowl just a bit ;-)


AP Photo/John Froschauer

No comments:

Post a Comment